Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I can't give you that right now.

I think I am good in a crisis situation.  Pressure brings out the best in me.  My first night as a restaurant manager a customer got her purse stolen and a server mixed up the credit cards on 2 table and 1 of the tables had already left (always check your credit card!)  Easy...didn't hardly blink.  I quickly became the one people looked to to handle things.

My life right now is pretty stressful.  Mini is testing my limits practically hourly, the boys are teething, I am trying to get my business up & going to help out our financial situation and we are getting ready to move.  The house we rent is too small for us.  It is a 2.5 bedroom with 1.5 bathrooms.  The .5 bedroom is because the master bedroom was added onto a small bedroom, so we used it as the boys room knowing that we'd move before they got so big that we'd need to worry.  It was a bit crowded but doable.  Overall the space issue wasn't too bad when we were able to use half the basement as a playroom but that ended when the rain began.  Now it floods when it rains, the carpet has been pulled up and you take your life in your own hands when doing laundry.  Now the upstairs is the playroom. 

We have been anticipating moving this weekend to a bigger place where we have room to breathe, a big playroom, & a bedroom for the boys where we could fit 2 cribs and their clothes.  The house is a wreck.  There are boxes piled up in the dining room and only 3 chairs are available to sit at the table.  Half the pantry space has been emptied into boxes and there is no space to walk much less put the boys down for tummy time.  To say that it is extra stressful is an understatement.  But I could handle it.  I have been hanging on by the tips of my fingertips (and my sanity) because there were only days left.  Oh and, on top of all this, my in-laws come into town 2 weeks from Friday (moving day.)

Well, today we found out that there is no electricity to the house and there won't be until at least June 1st.  We are not the only family affected by this, 5 other families and several college students are, too.  Our current landlady has no problem with us staying longer as, once we move out, she will be having the foundation torn up to fix the leak issue.  I realize that I should look at the positive and be happy that we have someplace to live and that it is just one more month.  Right now I can't. 

Right now I am overwhelmed by everything going on and this is the straw that is breaking this camel's back.  So if you are looking for the silver lining, positivity, or decisions beyond 'is it nap time or not' I can't give you that right now.  I'm not sure when I'll be able to.  Probably tomorrow because that's what's expected...

No comments:

Post a Comment