Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Mean Mommy

I have never hidden the fact that I am NOT a morning person.  I have an extremely hard time functioning before 8:00a (and that is pushing it!)  I once had a boss who wouldn't call the office before 9:00a because he didn't want to talk to Mean Jennifer.  This was not really an issue when I only had myself to worry about; actually, it wasn't really an issue when I just had Mini because she would sleep in with me.  Now that Mini is older she is up earlier and I have not been able to convince her that 6:00a is NOT acceptable.  Plus the twins wake up early so that by the time I get them settled again Mini is up.  This has turned me into a very bitter mommy. 

In fact one could call me Mean Mommy.  I try very hard not to get angry with the kids but I am having a hard time with it simply because I feel so out of it that I can't function.  Sleep is not necessarily the answer because, while it does help, I still have a hard time functioning that early.  Coffee really isn't an option as I can't stand the taste and caffeine only helps minimally.  There is no way I can get up before the kids because that would mean getting up at 4:30a and I don't even want to THINK about that!  I haven't found a solution yet but I'll keep looking because I don't want my kids to suffer.

1 comment:

  1. I am pleased to say that things are getting better. I started taking SAM-e (a supplement that aides with easing depression.) It has helped. :-) I am still a work-in-progress though. One day at a time. :-)

    ReplyDelete