Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Salad Challenge

I have been trying to lose my baby weight from the twins.  It has not been easy but I have lost almost half of it.  Now I am impatient to lose the other half.

I have several friends who are vegan and are participating in "The great salad challenge" by Engine 2 Diet and I was inspired by them to start my own salad challenge. (If you are interested in a vegan lifestyle check them out, lots of information.)  I know that a vegan lifestyle is not what I want right now but I also like to try and fit more veggies in my diet whenever possible.  So, I decided to challenge myself to eat a salad a day.  From now until whenever (why limit myself) I will either eat a salad for lunch or a salad for dinner.

Oh, and I have managed to con...uummm....I mean, convince Mae over at Mae's Got This to join me.  (Haha! Now she can't back out!!!)

What do I hope to gain?  With any luck I'll lose a couple pounds and discover a few delicious salad recipes.  So...  Who's in?  Who wants to join me & Mae in The Salad Challenge???  Oh & feel free to share some recipes.  I'll start, seriously, how yummy does this salad look? I can't wait to try it!:

Jamie's Cranberry Spinach Salad


Jamie's Cranberry Spinach Salad*
 *I got the photo from allrecipes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment